Welcome to Chef's
Chef’s opened at its current site on the corner of Seneca and Chicago streets back in 1923. This was Lou Billittier’s childhood neighborhood. In 1941, Lou was hired to wash dishes by then owners Gino Silverstrini and Lee Federconi. Lou worked his way up to busboy, then waiter, eventually earning the title of restaurant manager.
By 1950, Lou was half-owner of Chef’s, and in 1954 he became sole owner, with financial assistance from his dad, Anthony Billittier.The History of Chef’s